Nse Ikpe-Etim is the biggest thing in Nollywood right now.She has been in the entertainment industry since age 18 when she anchored a show on NTA.Her first movie role was in Venom of justice 2 after which she has acted in various movies including the Nollywood BIG hit movies;Reloaded and Guilty Pleasures where she acted as Ramsey Nouah’s wife.I must say this woman is an exceptional actress and one of the bests in Nigeria.We at GidiNoize were privileged to have an interview with the star herself, Nse Ikpe-Etim.
Guilty Pleasures Trailer
GidiNoize Interviews Nse Ikpe-Etim.
1. WHO IS NSE IKPE ETIM?
Nse Ikpe-Etim is a typical Libran. Courteous, artistic, gracious, forgetful, and prone to procrastination most of all a people pleaser. That about sums up the good, the bad but there is no ugly.
2. CAN YOU TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND (EDUCATIONAL/FAMILY)?
I have a degree (BA) in Theatre Arts from the University of Calabar and still looking to add more qualifications…(lol). I am from a family of six children. I am the first and we are close knit. Our motto is love.
3. GROWING UP, WHO WERE YOUR INFLUENCES?
My mother influenced greatly. She’s the strongest woman I know, and if I could be just a quarter of the woman she is, I’ll be fine.
4. WHEN AND HOW DID YOU REALIZE ACTING WAS YOUR CALLING?
As a late starter, I had the interest from 18. I must say that although I acted through University (Stage) and after that a bit of screen, I had the strongest conviction after Reloaded
5. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH THE CAMERA?
My first encounter with the camera was in the 90’s when I used to anchor a breakfast television show as a student on NTA Calabar, but for film, it was with Venom of Justice 2.
6. WE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ACTED IN ‘GUILTY PLEASURES’ AND ‘RELOADED’.CAN YOU TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOUR ROLES IN BOTH?
Both roles were completely different but similar because both women (Liz in “Guilty Pleasures “and “Omoze” in Reloaded) craved for their husband’s attention but went about it in completely different ways.
7. IN GUILTY PLEASURES THERE WERE A COUPLE OF STEAMY MOMENTS.HOW DID YOU COPE WITH THEM?
Like a professional, of course there were awkward moments, that’s natural but I was blessed to be working with two equally professional and extremely talented actors.
8. WHO WAS A BETTER KISSER MAJID MICHAEL OR RAMSEY NOUAH? LOL
You are talking about two happily married men, I personally believe that discussing their kissing abilities would be disrespectful to them and their spouses.
9. IN BOTH ‘GUILTY PLEASURES’ AND ‘RELOADED’ RAMSEY NOUAH WAS YOUR HUSBAND, WAS THIS A COINCIDENCE OR YOU GOT TO PICK?
It was purely coincidental
10. IN THE NIGERIAN MOVIE INDUSTRY WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE ACTORS AND ACTRESSES?
There are so many talented actors and actresses. I always find it hard to pick so I’d say most of them.
11. WHAT HAS BEEN THE GREATEST MOMENT OF YOUR ACTING CAREER SO FAR?
I am still relatively new to this. I think it’s still on the way. You will be the first to know.
12. HOW DOES IT FEEL BEING A CELEBRITY?
Honestly, I feel the same way I used to feel when I was relatively unknown. It has not gotten to the point where I know. Like I said it’s a whole new thing.
13. HOW DO YOU COPE WITH THE FANS?
This might sound cliché, but my fans make me and I love them.
14. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT ACTING AND BEING A CELEBRITY?
Acting for me is a whole new experience each time because it gives you a chance to step into a new character and become a whole new individual…it completely allows me to express myself, it’s the best feeling in the world as for being a celebrity….I still don’t know.
15. .IS THERE ANYTHING YOU DO NOT LIKE ABOUT ACTING? IF SO WHAT IS IT?
The only thing I do not like about acting is the publicity that comes with it. I’ve always been a private person, with few friends but acting takes that away, it just leaves you out there to the public.
16. .IS THERE ANYTHING YOU FEEL IS MISSING IN YOUR LIFE AT THE MOMENT?
Hmmmmmm….a mini me….. (Lol)
17. WHATS NEXT FOR NSE EKPE ETIM?
Honestly, I am taking each day as it comes…one step at a time
18. OUTSIDE THE MOVIE SCENE WHO IS NSE EKPE ETIM?
A friend…a clown…a sister….I am just plain Nse who enjoys the laughs…
19. HOW DO YOU KEEP IN SHAPE?
I’m not even going to lie and say I work out, diet and stuff because I don’t. I eat a whole lot; the only thing is I try to eat very small proportions every time. I eat and drink a lot of water.
20. APART FROM ACTING DO YOU HAVE OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST?
Yes! Cooking…I totally love cooking.
21. THERE ARE A COUPLE OF ACTRESSES IN THE NIGERIAN MOVIE INDUSTRY, WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FROM THE REST?
Do I?? I don’t think so…….
22. WHAT DO YOU FEEL THE NIGERIAN MOVIE INDUSTRY IS LACKING AT THE MOMENT AND CAN YOU FEEL THE VOID?
The Nigerian Movie Industry is a peculiar one. There is no blue print on how and what should be done. The truth is we got here by virtue of our tenacity…so with a little more, we will conquer our fears. Piracy being one…..
23. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS?
24. WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR UPCOMING ACTRESSES?
The race is not to the swift……Ecclesiastes. 9:11
25. ANY LAST WORDS FOR YOUR FANS?
Thank you for your unending support and I hope that no matter what, you will be there because we are in this together.