Believe it or not,the 2006 movie which had every young person singing and dancing is coming to Nigeria and they are not just coming,they are in search of Nigeria’s version of Gabriella & Troy.When I first heard the news,I was in shock & I thought it was a joke but now its official.The show’s debut is scheduled to hold between March and May 2010 during which there will be Auditions(in Lagos & Abuja), callbacks, final selections, Rehearsals & training all the way to the show premier which is scheduled for May 27.
This is great news for all the little kiddos,well not neccessarily kids though as auditions are open to ages 15-25.Forgive me for not stating this earlier but the coming of this show to Nigeria is made possible by no other but the CEO of KidzTrust,Sheila Okonji Ashinze.In doubt as to if Nigeria can do something thats up to par with that done by Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens? Watch this cheorograhy which was done by Kaffy who is the Cheorograher for the show.
Here are some facts about the show
FACTS ABOUT THE NIGERIAN HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
High school Musical Nigeria on stage is an adaptation of the 2006 movie that has become the most successful Disney Channel movie
- High school musical Nigeria is Disney’s latest and most recent teen property with exclusive license granted to KIDZ trust spearheaded by entertainment entrepreneur Sheila Okonji Ashinze.
- The high octane music and dance contest is looking out to produce Nigeria’s Gabriella and Troy.
- Auditions will be staged in Lagos and Abuja and is open to anyone between the ages of 15-25 and successful contestants will be chosen by a team of celebrity judges.
- The cast of high school musical Nigeria includes industry professionals in the art of singing, dancing and acting.
- The original High school musical is a contemporary musical comedy about Troy and Gabriella.
- The show will be sponsored by First Bank of Nigeria PLC.
- The lucky contestants that are crowned Nigeria Troy and Gabriella would have a chance to further their career in the UK.
- The shortlisted contestants will enter the training booth camp where they will undergo further training and elimination until the HSM cast is complete.
- The High School Musical booth camp will be televised and broadcasted across Nigeria.
- The team at High School Musical on stage includes Kaffy, Stella Damasus, Tarilla Thompson and Emmanuel Ayalogu.
- Authors and critics have described High School Musical as a modern adaptation of Romeo and Juliet.
- High School Musical was originally filmed at East High School located in Salt Lake City Utah
- High School Musical when released in May 2006 recorded a total sales of 1.2 million copies
- Till date, High School Musical is in three parts.
- Throughout the project in Nigeria, there would be a number of giveaways and prizes for all participants
- The High School Musical soundtrack was number one on billboard 200 twice.
- Peculiar to High School Musical are terms like Auditions and Call backs.
- It is speculated that since its release in 2006 till date, High School Musical has been seen by 225 million viewers.
- Kidz Trust is Nigeria’s licensee for High School Musical on stage.
WHO IS DOING WHAT
- Owners Disney
- Licence Kidz trust LTD
- Territory Nigeria
- Sponsors First Bank of Nigeria Plc
- Director Tarilla Thompson (Nollywood director)
- Choreographer Kaffy
- Vocal Coach – Stella Damasus
- Acting Coach – Emma Ayalogu
- Executive Director Sheila Okonji-Ashinze