He realised music was his calling at the tender age of 4.Greg Enahoro is not just an artiste but so a producer and song writer.He has freestyled face to face with the likes of M.I, Naeto C, Ikechukwu, 2shotz & Ice prince.We at GidiNoize were privileged to interview this multi-talented chap.
GIDINOIZE INTERVIEWS GREG ENAHORO(BARZ)
1. WE AT GIDINOIZE COULDN’T HELP BUT NOTICE UR NAME. HOW DID IT COME ABOUT?
Wow!! To be honest. I seriously can’t remember .lol
2.WHO IS ‘BARZ’?
My real name is Gregory Enahoro, I’m a producer, rapper and songwriter that likes doing it BIG.
3. CAN YOU TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND (EDUCATIONAL, FAMILY)?
Umm, was born in England and moved back to Nigeria at the age of 5 so mainly been in Nigeria my whole life. I’m the only son in a family of five and I must say its very nice mehn…lol. High school or Secondary School was King’s College… Yes yes yes! I went to KC and I’m PROUD…lol… but at the moment I’m studying Business and Management at Aston University.
3. WHEN DID YOU REALIZE MUSIC WAS YOUR CALLING?
I realized music was my calling I think at the age of 4 when I used to mime songs and at the age of 9 I started writing my own version of ‘em songs and would do it with my cousin . Thought I picked it up seriously at age 13 and that is writing my own songs but I listened to 1 recently and I could not stop laughing. Lol… but now I’m on a serious p.!
4. WHAT GENRE ARE YOU INTO AND WHY?
I’m into Hip-Hop, Rap and R&B because I enjoy listening to songs from ‘em (genres)
5. HOW DO YOU MANAGE YOUR STUDIES & MUSICAL CAREER together?
Basically, I do not see it as a big deal. Like I know when its time for music and time for school and I do not joke with school. So to me, its education first and then music, unless the music is real important then I can RECONSIDER…lol
6. BEING A YOUNG ARTISTE COMES WITH A LOT OF CRITICISM AND DISAPPROVAL ESPECIALLY FROM PARENTS ,HOW DO YOU COPE WITH THAT?
True that! But my parents know I’m into music but they think I joke with it and all but my mom is actually feeling RECONSIDER and I’m happy about that.
7. WE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE COLLABORATED WITH A COUPLE OF OTHER ARTISTES CAN YOU TELL US A BIT ABOUT THAT?
Yes I have! It’s been wonderful working with other talents like OL-stAr, Sonia Irabor, Tosyn, Lanray, etc. I enjoy working with people because I love hearing other people on my record and it also helps in your music career by letting you know where your problem is and how you can become better and all.
8. WHAT HAS BEEN THE GREATEST MOMENT OF YOUR MUSICAL CAREER?
Umm, would have to say when I had a chance to freestyle with M.I, Naeto C, Ikechukwu, 2shotz & Ice prince. I must say it was a wonderful feeling mehnn..:D. Also when I got a studio session with Dr Frabz. : D
9. OUTSIDE THE MUSIC SCENE WHO IS GREG ENAHORO?
Greg Enahoro is a cool dude who likes meeting people whether your short, tall, black, white, any color…lol, fine, not that ugly…lol…anybody basically and ye enjoys his life.
10. ARE YOU SINGLE? LOL
11. APART FROM MUSIC DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST?
Umm I don’t know but my close friends say if I should drop music I should become a Comedian. *confused*…lol…I dont know why but maybe because I’m a little funny or they want me to embarrass myself.
12. DO YOU INTEND GOING INTO MUSIC FULL TIME?
Why not? If I get a big record deal I would surely sign, sharp sharp…loll
13. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS?
Wow! God willing, a Hip Hop mogul or a self made billionaire and I mean more than Warren Buffett and again God willing (AMEN).
14. THERE ARE A COUPLE OF ARTISTES IN THE NIGERIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY, WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT?
Umm..! I think for the fact that I talk real stuff in my music. Like most people talk about love and stuff like ”ur the sugar in my tea, I love you till death.”, blah blah blah’…lol. But Reconsider talks about the opposite which most people don’t do.
15. GROWING UP, WHO WERE YOUR MUSICAL INFLUENCES?
Jay-Z., he’s my number one influence, by the way y’all should go get Blueprint 3 if you havn’t., its crazy…umm.., Kanye West, Mase, Biggie Smalls, Lil Wayne, Trybesmen.,they were hot in Gidi at their time and i was a great fan, ye.! A lot more but these are like the major ones I can remember atm.
16. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE NIGERIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY IS LACKING AND CAN FILL THE VOID?
I seriously don’t think the Nigerian Industry is lacking anything big. On reals, Nigerian musicians are talented and make great music for everyone. Like I was in a club yesterday and they were playing Nigerian songs and white people were feeling it even though they don’t understand what they saying but the music still makes ‘em move and that’s a very great thing
17. DO YOU WRITE YOUR OWN SONGS?
18. I FIND ‘RECONSIDER’ AND ‘OUTTA MY MIND’ REALLY INTERESTING CUZ THEY PORTRAY 2 DIFFERENT TYPES OF GUYS, WHICH OF THEM ARE YOU OR ARE YOU BOTH? LOL
Lol… Reconsider, that’s mine and Outta My Mind that’s my cousin OL-stAr but I co-produced the track but for your question, I’m kind of like both guys .
19. WHATS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND YOUR SONGS?
The inspiration is what goes on around me at that moment either in the world or what’s going on in my life.
20. IS THERE AN ALBUM OR MIX TAPE IN THE WORKS AND WHEN CAN WE EXPECT IT TO DROP?
Yup ‘O Gbono’…and it’s gonna be crazy, I’ve got a lot of incredible featured people and it should be out late December or early January but will surely keep y’all posted on that one.
21. WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR OTHER UPCOMING ARTISTES?
Meehhnn… Do your thing and don’t listen to haters because haters gonna hate and you should not let ‘em make you weak but it should make you strong… u diigg?!
22. ANY LAST WORDS FOR YOUR FANS?
Thanks for y’all support, I really appreciate it. Its cos of y’all I keep making music so thank y’all and God bless.
To listen to his music visit